Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thank you

Today I found out that a really great person was killed on Friday. His name was Daniel Graham. We called him Grambo. He was my Drafting teacher in high school, but it was because of him that I am where I am today. I was not what you might consider a really good student, hell I was horrible. But because he fostered a passion for manufacturing and drafitng, I was able to follow a path that helped to bring me to where I am today. He taught me some of the skills and ideals that were helpful in keeping a kid, who had problems with concentrating, focus on a subject and follow it to a career.
The most telling quote made about him comes from the article describing his passing.
"He had a great way of seeing though a person's faults and always saw the
potential of each student." - School Board President Brian Ellis.

I could keep going on about how important he was. But that really sums it up.

Thanks Grambo.

No comments: